April 20, 2008

5K ALL THE WAY!

My cute friend Lynlee asked me if I wanted to run the SLC 5k and I was like sure why not. I had a game the night before which means I get no sleep but I still had a great time. I had to succor my pride a little bit that I was only running the 5k but although short it really got me back into the racing spirit and I hope to be doing more soon. I didn't have an IPOD or watch so I was completely clueless and running to the beat of my feet. I kept leaning over to the person next to me and asking how fast they were running because I was trying to find someone that I could get paced by. Apparently everyone I asked thought I was really wierd so I would run faster and pass them all. I ended up finding my friend Ali from work and ran with her and her friend that made me run even faster. I don't know maybe I will just ditch the Garmin's and the ipods and do it all natural from here on out. Thanks Lynlee for the invite, I can't wait until the next one.


THE GROUP, LYNLEE, HER HUSBAND NATE, HER LITTLE BRO TAYLOR AND ME. WE ROCK!


PASSING THE FINISH LINE!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wohoo!! You kicked butt in the race! I was actually going to call you tonight and tell you that we need to find a 10k to run. Nate got online tonight to try and find one. Anyways we'll look more into them!

Tyson and Heather said...

woo woo..em you're hot! Way to run the 5k...remember when I ran the rex lee and you did too--next to each other? Good times!
xo

Whitney said...

Way to go Ems. I love your new picture on your header and of course Hank owns a tricycle, that looks fun on the river trail. Natural is the way to go on runs, I can't stand the Garmin or I-pod. Call me old-fashioned but what ever happened to swapping life stories on the run. That's the point of running with women! I can't wait for this weekend!

The Andrews said...

I love how you decided the night before the race you were in! I am so out of shape, I can maybe run 2 miles tops! You must be in really great shape, good job you!