September 25, 2008

A Lil Bit of Everything Calgary...

I just thought I would give a little update and pictures of some unexpected changes here in Calgary! After just a couple months working on the Centuria, Hank has switched job sites. There were some problems with the developers so UPA decided it would be best to pull out and not lose out. While Hank is a little bummed because he loved the job he is equally excited about the new opportunity that lies ahead and grateful for all the experiences he is having.

I am sad because before Hank's work was five minutes away, in fact we picked our housing because of the job site and now he commuting 40 minutes each way, such is life I guess. I loved being able to stop by during they day and visit Hank or meet him for lunch; and of course the saving of gas money with Hank riding his bike was equally GREAT! So with the change we are just re evaluating our priorites and making it all work. It just really goes to show you that life is ever changing and you have to be ready for it at all times.

Ok on to the pictures, on Hank's last day on the site he went up in the crane and took some great pictures of the area we live in DOWNTOWN CALGARY. I had to share the pics because they are great shots of the city and give you all a better idea of what the city is really like! Also I thought I would share a couple pictures of the gym I work at HEAVENS, it is a really cool building and a great establishment!







Like every post I can't say enough about how much we are enjoying Calgary. We love the area and love our ward. I got called to be the Young Women's Secretary and Hank got called to be the Executive Secretary (nothing like getting thrown into things)! Although it can be time comsuming it is great to be out of our comfort zone and in the missionary field. We have tons of young couples in our ward and have already made some great friends! I will keep you updated if any more unexpected changes come about but I am hoping nothing too drastic happens any time soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you be called to YW's if you still look like you're 18? :-)You are going to love working with the girls but I'll bet they are going to love you even more!!
Hanks crane pictures made my palms sweat!

The Pratts said...

Wow, so where is Hank's new location? In Copperfield? :) Wanna move and be our neighbours? (or buy our house? haha). I love that you called Calgary the mission field! I guess compared to Utah it is!

Whitney said...

Ems, I love the pictures. What a fun adventure you are having. I still can't believe you are all grown up sometimes. I feel like you should be about 5 and singing "apple trees". But I am so proud of you. You are such a cool, amazing lady and I'm so glad you are my sister and friend. Sorry, missing you and feeling a little over emotional. Must be tired. Love you!

hangingcleats said...

YOOOOOOOS,
first of all, altho Mr. Spank looks like a SPECIAL KID with his helmet on and the haircut to back it up, he looks way to sexy on that crane.
second of all im proud of your callings. Jesus needed you there for a reason.
third of all...SPANK, you butt-chin is getting deeper each time. is it the altitude?
love you guys and miss you like crazy, i cant wait 'til xmas so we can get our TRAX-OLYMPICS on.
Fernuscey

Keri said...

Emily, sounds like you guys are having so much fun living the "big city" life! It's good to hear that you like it so much!

The Littlest Moons said...

Hank and Em it was good to hear from you. Sorry about the commute, that is always a drag even if it is a part of life. I will make sure I give a shout out to Suz as she flies past us on her way while walking!