May 15, 2009

E's FIT TIP OF THE WEEK!

FIT TIP #2
LETS HAVE A BALL
(my cute boss)

Most of us have all used a fit ball in some capacity and possibly even own one ourselves. Well I am here to tell you that they are for far more then just bouncing around and a play toy for the kids. A FIT BALL is a great inexpensive piece of equipment that you can get and use for a complete full body strength training workout. While we have traditionally used them for ABS, it can be used for MUCH MUCH MORE. Here are just a few ideas below. If you want an entire 1 hour workout using only the ball that will kick your butt please let me know!

LEGS:

Exercise #1: Booty Lifters
Seen in this picture demonstrated by my collegue Jacqui, place you foot on the ball laces down balancing on the opposite foot. Once in the position Jacqui is showing pull the knee of the foot on the ball rolling it in to meet your other knee, roll it back out into position one. Do at least 15 reps on each side and you will feel the booty lift!

Exercise #2: Squats

Get up against the wall with the ball between you and the wall resting in the small of you back. Use the ball for support and begin to do squats, the ball allows you to get a much deeper squat then you would normally do. Vary tempos and pulse at the bottom, you will feel the burn.

ARMS:

Exercise #1: Mountain Climbers

Get to where you are face down tummy on the ball and roll out to where your hands are in pushup position your body is in plank position with your toes on the ball, laces face down. From here go into a pushup and come back up. (Note: the less of your legs that are on the ball i.e toes the harder it will be, to make it easier have your shins on the ball)

Exercise#2: Shoulder press

Hold the ball with two hands in front of you, just like you would do with weights raise your arms above you head into a shoulder press, while it may seem easy at first after a few reps you will start to feel it. Want to make it harder? Squat as you are pressing up!

ABS:

Exercise#1: Plank w/ leg lift
Option #1
Option #2

Exercise#2: Balancing Crunches

Get near a wall. Lay face up on the ball where the majority of your back is on the ball, lift your feet so that they are lifted in a 90 degree angle and against the wall (therefore you are completely off the ground. Your feet are balancing you by being on the wall and your body is on the ball) From here crunch up, you can also work the obliques by doing zig zags.

now everbody is ready to have a BALL!!!

2 comments:

webbweb said...

I just got updated on your blog. I love your fitness tips and your cute billboard. I definatly got the short of end of stick in the fam when it comes to creativity. Your trip looked awesome I hope you had a "ball". I love you and miss you tons!!!!

The Littlest Moons said...

Now I really want one of these balls! YOur weekend away looked fabulous too! It seems like you have great coworkers--which is awesome because working with people you don't like sucks! I want you to know I worked really hard to get uncomfortable and I have lost 6 lbs! Thanks for your help!