December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving to WINTER...

Thanksgiving home with family was great I had red rocks, sunny days, a turkey bowl in the sand dunes and plenty of walks up snow canyon......
Turkey bowl 2009

Jane putting rocks in her pocks
Seriously is my mom's outfit with her headphones like the best crazy lady outfit ever!!!
And now I am home and this is what I get......




Freak snow storms, iced in windows, and really really really cold temperatures!
AHH there's no place like home.
Ok back to my trip home...since I only took pictures of the beautiful red rock I will give you a short synopisis of everything I fit in.
First off, it was way TOO SHORT, everytime I go home it is too short. This trip my time was split between Salt lake and St. George which made it crunch time to see everyone.
Of course I had many good times with my sisters, shopping, eating and sorting through more baby girl clothes then you can imagine. Lets just say Hank and I came with carry on's and came home with 4 full suitcases. This baby girl will not lack for clothing!!!
I got to see many of my favorite girlfriends and even got to go to a bridal shower for my old friend Amanda and see friends I have not seen in years.
My best friend Lynlee was sweet enough to throw together a baby shower/lunch for me which consisted of she and I (both 8 months prego) sitting there eating while people came and went. Our waiter's wife was 20 weeks pregnant so he took pity on us and gave us free chocoloate Cake. Thanks Lynlee it was a great day!
Of course cousin Sara was there to take advantage of anytime she could with me (and just so you know sara it was not enough, it never will be).
I also got to see my old besties Maureen and Staci where we feasted on Cafe Rio, oh it had been too long and I am already craving it again.
Well that is about it.
St. George was great. Hank flew into Vegas and we spent thanksgiving with the Hughes and my parents in St. George. It was very casual and relaxing and I loved every minute of it.
I miss everyone already and can't wait till this baby comes out so that people will come visit me, I am rethinking posting the snow pictures, Adrien, Sara, and Annie may cancel their flights!!
Don't worry my next post will be an update on everything baby and pregnancy. The countdown is on!!!

4 comments:

The Pratts said...

Yay for an update! Wow, what a difference between the sand and the snow! I'm glad you had a good trip. It was so good to catch up today. GOOD LUCK with the next few weeks!!

Nate and Lynlee said...

I miss you already. I got a little teary eyed when you left... It is so crazy that technically you could go into labor anytime. If it's not too much to ask, have Hank send me a text when you leave for the hospital (regardless of what time of night it is!) Call me sometime this week!

Alyson said...

I could use me some sand and heat right now.

Sara Jane said...

Ohh I miss you soo much! 35 more sleeps til I am sleeping in the nursery with the sweet pea! I LOVE YOU!