January 16, 2010

Meet Blakely Jane Nelson

Since today Blakely marks her week Birthday I thought it was about time we introduced her on the blog... This is how it all began, on Friday, January 8th I was 5 days overdue and feeling like this little girl was never going to come. My doctor ordered an ultrasound and concluded the baby had not been growing and I needed to be induced as soon as possible. However, the hospital was crowded so they could not get me in for a couple of days. I went home and took a shower because I wanted to be ready just in case my doc made the call. As I was getting dressed I started to feel a trickle down my leg! Since I had never peed my pants I immediately called my Nurse Sister, Whitney, and she confirmed I had a slow leak! With a slicked wet ponytail and minimal makeup applied Hank & I were out the door to the overcrowded Hospital. Grandma Suzy was at my house getting things ready with phone in hand waiting for updates. Adrien was plane bound for Calgary and taken straight to the hospital upon arrival! She arrived to the hospital and I was still smiling! Hank and Adrien made the best birthing coaches and supported me through a 8 hour labor and 30 minutes of pushing! PS Epidurals RULE!


Blakely Jane Nelson 6lbs. 7oz. 19 inches born at 2:16am
1st family photo

Our beliefs were confirmed when the doctor said, "She is just like Mary Poppins, practically perfect in every way!"

She is proof...Cloning in Canada works!

Leaving Rocky View Hospital.


Our perfect angel baby!

Home Sweet Home
Proud Grandpa

Gushing Grandma Suzy
Adrien saved me! I wish she had moved in permanently!

We are loving life with our new addition. You can guarantee we will keep you updated with Blakely's new adventures!

8 comments:

The Pratts said...

She's to die for! I'm so happy for you and that you've had so many VISITORS! Hope you're all doing well.

Eden Lang said...

you are a mom!!! I am so happy for you, and she is so beautiful!

ESTHER BEAZER said...

wow.. it all looks so wonderful! i am so happy for you!

Becca said...

She is so beautiful!!! Congratulations--I'm so excited for you guys. She's so lucky to have you two for parents, she couldn't have come to a better home.

Kira said...

Congratulations!

Susie said...

Emily! Simone told me, but I am thrilled to see some pics of her. I am so glad she finally came. She is so stinking adorable. Yeah for your cute family.

Ciara said...

congrats! We didn't even know she had come (though, we assumed I guess). She is so precious and already looks to be in charge (as per previous post). Can't wait to see the updates too! You did it!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! I'm glad she is here safe and sound!