March 5, 2010

Baby Shower Extraordinaire

My friends up here in Calgary threw me a baby shower after Blakely was born and boy of boy was it a party. My friend Simone is amazing and should go into the shower throwing business because she went all out and didn't hold back on anything. They came in on Saturday morning and transformed my house into a pink flowery oasis. In fact it was so cute I was wishing I could just leave my house like that forever. I had many ladies from the ward, Aunt Jeanne and Megan, and all my other friends from up here attend and it was so much fun. I couldn't believe how spoiled Blakely was and as I sat and looked around I was so grateful for the friendships I have made up here and how much people have gone out of their way to make me feel welcome. The party was a smashing success and I couldn't thank everyone enough. Thank you SIMONE, AMY, SHANI, CAROL-ANN, JEANNE AND MEGAN. You guys are amazing and truly made it a great day.
Megan took some amazing photos of all the decorations so I will post a lot of pictures.





The pictures still do not do it justice, but show how beautiful and fun it was. I love the last picture of Blakely and her boyfriend Carter and the bow in her eyes. Poor girl has to put up with her mom always putting bows on her head. In fact as I write this Blakey is asleep on the couch and once again her bow is down over her eyes, ha ha apparently she like it!

5 comments:

Eden Lang said...

I am so happy you put pictures up of the shower. it looks like it was AMAZING!

The Pratts said...

Thanks for making the other blog that will lets us know when you update!! What a good idea. Anyway, I know I already commented on all these photos on Facebook, but Blakely is just so adorable! You're right, she doesn't look like a newborn anymore, she's a full on baby now! I can't wait to meet her someday!!

Nate and Lynlee said...

What an amazing shower! I wish I could have been there! I'm sure you go some cute things...You need to teach me how to combined several pictures into one. I've always wondered how people did that!

ESTHER BEAZER said...

wow i wish i could have been there.

Sara Jane said...

So sad that I was not invited, or there to participate! That looks out of this world amazing! Geez, you have some really great friends! Love you! xoxo