July 10, 2010

K-100




Its about time I posted right??? I know I am so behind. I am at that point in blogging where you just want to give up because you are so behind. But I am determined to get caught up since I am too lazy to scrapbook for Blakely so a printed version of my blog will have to do, ha ha! Also we are again attempting sleep training starting tonight, so I should now have plenty of time on my hands to blog while distracting myself from my daughters cries, I mean SCREAMS!!!!!

Ok so back to the post!
June 19th I ran the coolest race in Kananaskis with a bunch of ladies from my ward and a girl from work. It is kind of like the ragnar for those of you that run that, but is is only 100 miles and you have 10 runners that run one longer leg each. I am not going to lie I am a fan of the long one leg because when you finish you are DONE!!!
Anyhoo, our team name was LADIES WITH GREAT LEGS AND LACES...we wore bright green laces to distinguish our team. The majority of th race you are running on a highway so you aren't allowed any music so I thought I was going to get bored with 10 miles to go up hill! Luckily I made a friend who let me talk his ear off most the time and made me run faster too.

I am not going to lie my leg kicked my butt, it was hill after hill after hill and I ran way faster than I had ever trained, but it was so good to finish killing my goal time!
I am already excited for next year!
Some more pics for fun!!!
Most the team showing off our laces!

Me trying to not look like I want to die

Jacqui our HE-woman doing dreaded Leg 5

Shani and I post run!


5 comments:

The Pratts said...

Way to go!! Um, I totally know Lyndi! She's from Lethbridge and her little sister Andrea is my really good friend. Small world! Love your running skirt, too!

Susie said...

you look so great when you run, seriously. You are working the skirt, makes me want one. Sadie & I cheered Ryan on when he did this a couple years ago, there some legs that are seriously hardcore, his got cut down because of some flooding.

Shani said...

Best time ever! First race I ever ran and it was a blast! So glad we did it with our friends to cheer us on :)

Eden Lang said...

nice work! looks so pretty.

Sara Jane said...

That's amazing EM!And you look amazing! pLEASE don't flex anymore it makes me too jealous of your fabulous arms! You look so great! I can't wait to run in VIVA LAS VEGAS! I run this morning and I am having some knee pain! I think I need new shoes. I need your recommendations! I LOVE YOU!