June 1, 2011

Survival Mode

Remember how I used to blog pretty regularly and then that just went away....well it is due to the fact that since I returned from Utah I am in full blown survival mode. I am just trying to survive my life without having a nervous breakdown. Therefore pictures and blogging have gone out the window. However, tonight I am finding that I have actually showered after class and eaten dinner by 9p.m. so we are on a roll!
This is a bit of what I have been up to lately. Teaching, teaching and more teaching. I bit off a little more than I can chew and have realized that I am invincible. For the last couple weeks I have been teaching two to three classes a day for a total of at least 15 a week. This is proving to be a little too much when in between you have to chase a 18month around. I was at least surviving when Hank was here now I am just trying not to die. Luckily I have wonderful friends here in Calgary that are taking my wild daughter for me and really helping me out. I honestly don't know what I would do without you all. In between classes I am trying to keep myself busy. If I am home alone I get lonely so I am trying to fill my days with activities for Blakely and my nights with mindless reality tv and packing. Can't wait to watch my SYTYCD tonight. My two sisters Bekah and Whitney came up this last weekend for a quick trip and saved me by packing up the majority of my house, despite the fact that my house is in boxes I don't know how I could have done it without them.
The countdown is on and I get more and more sad and yet more and more excited as the days go on (does that even make sense)!
Hank is in Utah and started his new job today...he also went house hunting with my wonderful realtor Aunt Mary. We are thinking of doing a bit of renovation on a house, lets hope I don't regret that later (right Amy?)
Anyhoo, sorry for the rambling...maybe it makes me feel like I am talking to someone other than Blakely!
I will leave you with a few random pics from my phone from the last couple weeks!!! Phone pics because I am too lazy to dig my camera cord out of a packed up box!

 Carter and Miss B
 The kid is obsessed with Backpacks thanks to Dora..."Backpack, Backpack" may be her favorite thing to say, hence the hello kitty backpack and the pic below where she made me put her in the backpack to watch a show while I made dinner!!! ha ha
Look at all those boxes...we are making progress!


6 comments:

The Pratts said...

Haha, I am laughing out loud at that picture of Blakely in the hiking backpack watching a show. Hilarious! So is there a reason why you couldn't move with Hank already? I hope you're hanging in there! I can't wait to hear about your new adventures!!! Good luck!

Kristin said...

Oh so fun! Packing has got to be one of the worst things in the world! We just finished doing it and are finally moved out. Good luck with the house hunting, and all the classes. It sounds super busy!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! I can't come over - all the boxes will make me cry! And as far as a reno project I'm sure you and Hank will be a bit more wise than Mike and I and choose a home that shouldn't be torn down!

Spencer and Laura said...

Oh, seeing all of the boxes makes me sad - reality is sinking in - you really are moving!!

Today Lexi asked when Blakely is coming back over to play.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you were too busy to play. I'm sad Em. You will be greatly missed.

The Littlest Moons said...

I am sorry for your Calgary friends, but seeing those boxes makes me excited that I might actually see you this summer! When do you leave? Wow, you are super women! I totally understand the mixed feelings of being excited to leave, but so sad at the same time. Good luck with everything!