The great thing about July in Utah is you get two holidays...the 4th of July and the 24th of July(Pioneer Day). In addition to those holidays I have a birthday, Hank has a birthday, and just to name a few more...my mom, cousin Annie, brother Judd, brother in law Jarom, Grandpa, and neice Kate also have birthdays! So to say it has been a non stop party might be an understatment.
This past weekend we celebrated Pioneer Day and it was an absolute blast! We started out Friday evening by going to the Bountiful Parade. This is a parade I grew up going to and being in with my dance company, as a cheerleader and also with my high school drill team. I was so excited to take Blakely to it and didn't know how she would react. To my excitement she LOVED it. She waved her little flag and clapped the whole time. She pointed out the horses and princesses. The only drawback would be the 105 degree weather. Literally we were sweating from every pore. My shirt was soaking wet with sweat ( I know you didn't need to know that).
After the parade we headed to the carnival where we took Blakely on the swings. Every kid was in heaven on the swings...we had to wait in line and the whole time Blakely kept saying my turn my turn. She could hardly wait. So of course I put her on and she screams the whole time. Everyone was laughing like that poor kid!!!
We put B to bed and went to the firework show (a plus of living with your parents, you can put the kid to bed and take off)
Saturday we headed down to my sister Adriens brand new beautiful home for a bbq and their neighborhood fireworks. I thought she meant little fireworks on the ground. To my surprise it was a full blown show set to music and a slideshow. This was Blakely's first firework show so I didn't know if she would freak out but she seemed to love it!!!
She is girly but loves her balls!
Who knew my child is obsessed with popcorn
Adrien and Elle
The girls at fireworks
We finished off the celebration today with a family dinner at the cabin. It was hectic and fun all at the same time!



5 comments:
My goodness Emily,
you have only been gone a month but your little girl looks so big. Miss you guys but hope you are having fun.
I agree! Blakely looks so big girl now!!! that is so great she has all her little cousins around. nothing better than that.
thanks for the Emily fix:)
xoxo
miss you!
OK. I am calling you next week. My girls and I are all sick this week, so by next week when we are finally better we for sure need to hang out.
love the pictures! looks like you are having lots of fun in Utah!
ooohhhhh - finally an update (Ok maybe this was posted a while ago but we've been gone for the past 10 days)! Looks like your summer has been a blast so far. We need to chat, I left a horribly long and embarrassing message before we left that I hope you deleted before listening too!
Post a Comment