Lately I have been sitting back and looking at the women in my life. Some are always around me and some I am only in aquantince with for a brief time. However, I have realized that I am surrounded by strong women that truly inspire me. Last week I had the wonderful opportunity to spend some time with the woman below in my pictures. Her name is Tara Skaggs and her husband, a former player of the Blaze, passed away unexpectedly from a brain tumor last season. As you can see in the pictures below we did a game dedicated to the celebration of Justin's life as well as retired his number with the trademark camo(he was an avid hunter). This last week I spent time getting to know Tara and she truly inspired me. She is one of the strongest women I know. She has taken on the trial of losing her young husband and being left a lone to raise her two small children. It has only been nine months since her loss, yet Tara has made the best out of the situation and has such a positive attitude. Just being around her made me want to be a better person. I didn't want to make this post sad but I did want to honor Justin as well as thank the inspiring women in my life. I really started thinking about what a strength Tara is and how I can become a strong woman like her and the other women in my life. Thank you all for being inspiring women to me!
Tara and her cute kids Jake and Abbie
Framed Jersey, those are my legs and polka dot shirt behind, they told me don't let you head stick out. I think I did a good job of hiding!
Retired Number 3. This will hang at all of our games!
April 3, 2008
INSPIRATIONAL WOMEN
Posted by H and E at 8:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
So sad! What an amazing women though! I can't even imagine.
Go to your settings and make sure it is set to NO on add to our blog listings and let search engines find your blog. Hope that helps a little bit...
Oh yeah, you might want to add word verification too. That is in your comment settings :-)
Post a Comment