So this year I decided to plan my own birthday party, yeah a little self centered but when you get older you have to take matters into your own hands. Since Hank and I's birthday's are only 6 days apart and we are leaving in the next couple weeks I thought it was a perfect time to throw a birthday/going away party. Here are a few things I learned about throwing your own party!
- Family is always there for you! Isn't it great to know that if you send out a million invitations but don't know if anyone is going to show at least you can always count on your family to be there to back you up!
- It is a little more work then I thought. I mean what ever happended to being little and your mom doing everything and then you just showing up and being the center of attention! Thanks mom.
- You are never too old to play Rock Band...my Grandma GOOSE rocking out like she was in her twenties (highlight of the party, I wish I had it videotaped)
-Costco cake will always be a winner, too bad I still have the rest of it here for me to pick at for the next week. Cake anyone?
- If your HOUSE faces East then just relocate the party to another location. Poor Hank made the most amazing tent for shade and a half hour before the party I decided that it needed to move. My bossy perfectionist self resulted in a swollen hand, a sliced open finger, another shower as guests were arriving because he was covered in blood and sweat. He is a trooper and the tent was amazing. Too bad I don't have any pictures of it!
-Birthdays are the best, I don't care how old you get always make your birthday special!
Thank you all for making my birthday eve so special!
July 13, 2008
BIRTHDAY FUN!
Posted by H and E at 2:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
Thank you for throwing the Party of the summer! I just wish you were here in Utah longer so we could do it again! Happy Birthday! I am going to miss you tons!
Happy birthday Emily. Have a great day!!
1. costco cake IS THE BEST
2. guitar hero IS THE BEST
3. birthday parties ARE THE BEST
you are right in all three!
Wow quite the party! We wish so bad we could've been there! Glad you had fun though. You're family is seriously so cute! American Idol in two days....HERE WE COME!!
Sooo...we're bad neighbors! We were going to come over...but our baby had a cold (I know, weird in the summer) and then I DID notice that it was all of your family and I would have felt like an idiot coming over! I feel bad that we didn't get to know you guys in the YEAR (I had no idea it had been that long!) you have lived here. But we wish you the best in Canada and I will totally follow your adventures through your blog! HAPPY BIRTHDAY(S)!
Happy Birthday yesterday!! I hope you had a great day!
Happy Happy Birthday, and sooo sorry we "flaked" (not on purpose). Looks like you had tons of fun! As usual our kids activities over ran the schedule. So, if you think it's possible to hook up for a park picnic, or dinner BBQ in a few short weeks-WE SHOULD. I would love to host (Dan's Birthday is on Fri so we could just extend the celebration)
So So So cute Em...it looks like you guysh ad an awesome party! I'm am SOOOOOOO sad I'm not going to be home before you move! I am really excited for you guys though, it's going to be such an awesome experience!!! Just make sure you come home sometime so I can see you, and be sure to post tons of pictures on your blog of the foreign land you're moving to!! Oh what city exactly? My Canadian sis-in-law would be very interested to know I'm sure :) Love you tons big E.
Happy belated birthday! It looks like the big event went amazingly well because of your perfectionist
touch even if it resulted in some injuries :) You and Hank are so cute and are so fun to read about!
Post a Comment