Hank and I spent a fun filled weekend in California, visiting family and old friends and having some good times. I am not going to lie I was thoroughly disappointed when the first two days of our trip were 65 and overcast, I mean c'mon it is July and we are in California????! I was truly disappointed but we ended up having a great time despite the dreary weather!
Greta and Ingrid took us to the L.A. County Museum where on Friday nights they play jazz music and you can come listen and hang out. It was the perfect summer activity and we had a blast eating good picnic food on the lawn and listening to jazz music!
Side note: Have you ever heard of a BUGABOO. I had heard of them but didn't really think that anyone in their right mind actually paid $800 for a stroller. Apparently I was wrong they were everywhere at the LACMA. Greta was making fun of me because I was fascinated by all the high end strollers!
MOVING ON:
We also got to celebrate Hank's 29th birthday while in Cali and made it a great day by making our way south to hang out with our favorite couple Brittany and Brandon
Between attempting to go to the beach, hot tubing, eating amazing sushi, visiting Mike and Moka and their amazing house, and finishing it off with dessert at Dukes it was a fun filled birthday for the old man :)
Doesn't he look happy?
Ok so now on to the real reason that we made this great trip to California...drum roll please...
THE WIENER DOGS, aka: Ursala and Geudren. Greta was off to a fun filled weekend in Vegas and needed some dog sitters, so naturally Hank and I were on it! Now most of you that know me know that I am not much of an animal lover, however I survived the weekend with the dogs and they actually started to grow on me. Not to say that my mind is changed about ever having animals, in fact I think Hank and I are even more convinced of that fact after this weekend. Sorry to all you dog lovers out there.
So now here we are home and back to real life. In fact right now I am writing this post to once again procrastinate packing up the house. But I think the inevitable has come. Wish me luck!
Thank you to all you Californians who made our vacation a blast, we love you all!



4 comments:
Looks like fun! Sorry about the bummer weather. That's too bad. I hear you on the dog thing. We got Gizmo before we had kids so we could learn how to take care of something other than ourselves, but when he's gone it's sayonara pets for our family!! They are just as much work as a kid.
Sounds like so much fun! You look so cute with those dogs too! I want some Em time next time you're in the California direction:)!!
Ursy and Gudy had a great weekend with you and Hank. They could not have had better sitters:) It was great to see you before your move to Canada and I will miss you only that much more.
Big E
hey Darlin i am still planning on going to lunch with you some time this YEAR! Seriously we need to get together! Hey i made a blog so we can keep in touch while you are in Canada!-love ya Maureen
Post a Comment