August 10, 2008

Making the Trek...

Well as I said in my last post we made it to Canada! The drive wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. (therefore you all can make the drive to see me)

We couldn't have done it without my DAD. Honestly he is the greatest dad in the whole world and insisted on driving that large and in charge UHAUL the entire time. I decided that i would spare you the details and fill you in on the highlights of the drive!

#1 Getting to spend quality time just me and my dad in the Uhaul in the middle of nowhere.

#2 The drinks that kept us awake and stopping at every bathroom along the way.

#3 The Applebee's in Great Falls. It was welcomed after a lot of nothingness and it was across from the beautiful Missouri River.


#4 The beautiful scenery! For the most part it was a beautiful drive and I would make it any day to come see you guys!

#5 The Border... Lets just say those Canadians did not want us immigrating into their country and were not the friendliest people ever. I was terrified and had butterflies for the twenty minutes prior to getting to the border.


At last we made it!

So far it has been an adventure and I am trying to get used to everything. Thanks to my dad for helping us get my car illegally (jk) acorss the border. Hank and I are sharing a car which will be interesting because I am a very independent person and like to do things and get around, hopefully I will survive!

Saying goodbye to my dad was really hard because he was the last bit of home that I had. Luckily I know i will be back in October for a visit.

10 comments:

webbweb said...

I can't wait to "make the trek" to come see you!! Love you

Melissa said...

I'm so happy you made it to wonderful Calgary. I'm jealous, I can't wait for Thanksgiving though so that I can see you guys! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I finally got on here to see your post. You're dad is seriously so cute for driving you there. Make sure to post pictures of the new place as soon as you can!

Laraine H. said...

What an adventure Emily. I have to give you a hand for doing such a big move, that would be hard for me. I think you will have some great experiences there.

The Pratts said...

Hey Emily! You're here!! We totally have to get together. I'm heading off to Lethbridge for a week, but I'll get in touch when I'm back. If you're bored and lonely, I have 2 fun suggestions. Check out CRAVE, it's a cupcake shop in Kensington (you can google it). They're soo yummy and then you can walk around Kensington, it's a trendy little neighbourhood. Also, find a Lululemon! I think there's one in the mall downtown. They sell super cute running clothes, and they don't have them in the states. I hope you're liking it here so far. I'm sure it's strange and a bit lonely, but we'll get together when I'm back!!

Er Bear said...

Hey Emily! I just found your cute blog on Sara Jane's blog... You guys are soo cute! How long are you gonna be in canada?! That is gonna be such a fun adventure, Annie is gonna miss you lots and lots!

Erika Peterson:)

Tyson and Heather said...

Thats so exciting that you guys are there! I totally agree that it would be super hard to say bye to your Dad at the end of the journey! Your Dad of course drove all the way there with you guys...he's such a trooper. SO excited for you guys and your new adventure!

Keri said...

You made it! Canada is like my second home, so hopefully you'll enjoy it! The drive is forever...try it with 3 kids...but I'm glad you made it safe and sound. :-)

Maureen said...

Big E
i am so glad you made it. sorry i missed your call the other day.... i will admit i did screen it because the number looked so weird! so anyway i am sorry and i will call you when i get a chance, i am glad to hear everything is going well. Chuck what a great guY!

Kenon said...

How are you coping?!?! I hope that everything is going great for you guys. I have been thinking about you this week. Good luck with everything!!