March 22, 2009

ALL PACKED UP WITH NO WHERE TO GO...

As many of you have heard we did not move this weekend :( and while it is a long story filled with a little crying and freak out on my part the end result is that we are good. After much prayer we know that we made the right decision and in the long run things will work out for the best! I am lucky to have a husband who is in tune with the spirit and understands my need to be irrational and cry abour the fact that I was excited about the wallpaper I would put in the office and the bubble bath I was planning on taking in that jetted tub.

DRAMA SHORT SYNOPSIS:
Thursday was an exciting day we were going to finally sign the papers that would close on our house. We sat down with the lawyer and she dropped the bomb. The sellers financial institution can not grant clear title...they will still give you occupancy but not title...WHAT? How does that even work. After shock and panic that in 5 days I would be homeless and Hank just laughing and saying, "this is so funny" (so not funny) we went home needing to make a decision. After a long emotionally draining prayered filled evening we knew and felt that what we needed to do was walk away from the situation. The seller was not able to grant us title by the end of contract noon on Friday therefore making it null and voild allowing us to walk away scot free! It has been a crazy eventful weekend. But we kept busy by hanging out with friends and dinner with my cute cousin Melissa who is in town! Luckily I was able to call our land lord on Friday and they had not rented out our apartment making me NOT HOMELESS! So for the time being we are back in our little apartment making the most of the situation and pressing forward!

So that is my weekend ALL PACKED UP WITH NO WHERE TO GO!

8 comments:

Keri said...

Oh man, that's the worst! Not that you didn't get the house, just that you're all packed up! You know things like this happen for a reason, so try and think of it as a blessing in disguise. :) In the end it will be better than this move would have been. (I'm sure you already know this, just thought I'd put in my 2 cents).

ESTHER BEAZER said...

wow Emily! you are a trooper! Wow. i am sorry about your situation. wow!! well we love you and i am sure everything will turn out well! love you!

Melissa said...

I still think that you should go with my dad's plan and take off for a year to "find yourself." I hope you can find somewhere! (maybe close to my parents?) Dinner was super fun! Love ya!

The Littlest Moons said...

Again, I am so sorry! Maybe you should just leave everything packed and come to Utah for a break! Actually I know you have a girls trip with your sisters planned soon, so maybe that will be just what the doctor ordered!

Sean and Andrea Gumm said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Look on the bright side:

1. You are getting really good at packing, the next time will be a breeze.

2. You have fewer square feet to clean by staying in your apartment.

I guess everything happens for a reason, I'm sorry you have to deal with all this...I'll say a prayer for you that everything works out. Miss ya!

Andrea

Weight Family said...

Sorry you had to deal with that! It's a hard thing to go through.

Alyson said...

Its so hard breaking up. Especially when you have made plans. Although I am sorry this happened to you, I am glad you guys aren't leaving. And God will bless the broken road that leads you to you next house.

Sara Jane said...

Is this the thanks you get for being a seminary teacher? Geez! I love that Hank laughed! You 2 are the perfect pair! I am sure glad that you didn't go to all the work to move in and then get kicked out! I love you cuz! XOXO