
So I have gotten many reactions when I tell people about Hank and I's new church calling.....
My cousin Sara.....hysterical laughter LOL
My Sister Adrien....."Oh that is so fun I have always wanted to do that" (Yeah Right)
My Friend Gina......"Did you have to quit your jobs? Do you get Paid?" (I wish)
Well folks you are looking at the new stake EARLY MORNING seminary teachers...that's right you didn't just read that wrong.
MY REACTION....shear terror and many tears!
In all reality I am completely humbled by this calling. I feel completely inadequate, but I know I will learn so much! Today was my first lesson and I think I may have learned more then the kids but I guess that is what callings are all about; to make us stronger.
BIGGEST PLUS: I still get to work with most my sweet young women even though I am moving out of the ward.
BIGGEST NEGATIVE: My days of staying up late and waking up at a decent time ARE OVER!
Ok so if anyone has any good advice or websites with creative ideas for teaching seminary please let me know??? In a way I feel like I am getting what was coming to me I spent my younger years in good old released time, I now get the true meaning of early morning seminary!



11 comments:
wow Emily! that is great! that must have been a shock, but you guys will do awesome, the kids will love you and who can't get along with Hank. Early morning seminary is great ;) hahaha love you! and we are definatly going to come and visit when we come up between semesters!
Wow! I don't even know what to say...good luck!! You'll both be great!
You guys are going to be awesome and the kids will LOVE you! I would be intimidated too, but just think of all the good stuff you're actually going to have to learn (at least I would have to). :) Good luck...I know you'll do great.
Just look at it this way...the Lord is just helping you out by making sure you do your daily scripture study.
you guys will be great! good luck ;)
Perfect for you two! Definitely say good bye to those late nights
:-)
Em that is awesome! You guys will be amazing at it, Ty's mom was an early morning seminary teacher for years and years, so I'll have to ask her if she has any advice for you! :) Good LUck!
Still laughing!
I had no idea!!! When did this happen? Em you guys are going to do amazing. I'm sure all of the students will just love both of you. You have the perfect personalities for this calling! Nate's mom is in charge of seminary in their area so if you ever need any help or ideas, let me know and I'll ask her. Love you guys! You'll do great!!
Good old early morning, it will take some time to get used to, but in a lot of ways it's been a good experience for me! How is your first week going?? I'm sure you guys are going to do awesome. They are lucky to have you!
Em I need your email address so I can write long emails to you! I just talked to your mom (my great Visiting Teacher!) I am so sorry that your house didn't work out (sorry if you weren't ready to publicly talk about it!) The whole thing just sucks! I can't imagine having your calling. Good thing you are so reliable, I would be late or forget everyday! You and Hank will be perfect for those kids though! Good Luck! Call me sometime I don't have your number and I would love to catch up.
My friend taught Seminary for years in Chicago. Do you want her number??? Do you remember her, bff from fifth grade Shirin Omana Cannon???
Call me and I'll give you her number...801-209-0600!!!
Bummer about your house!!!
xoxoxoxoxo
Drubee
Soon to be off to Argentina to pick up Sammy!
Post a Comment