Well folks I did it! I survived my first 1/2 marathon! I have to give all the credit to my running partner Jacqui for kicking my butt and getting me in by my goal time! I ran a 1:50 and feel really excited about it. It was my first ever half and I had no idea what to expect! There were definately a lot more hills and up hill so it was a pretty hard course but I felt very accomplished coming in when I did! Since I gave it my all I am feeling it today. My knee is killing me which is wierd because I don't have knee problems, but I am sure by tommorow I will be back ready and roaring to go!
Last stretch, kind of wanting to die!



8 comments:
Congrats, and finishing at an awesome time! I'm so happy for you; I'm sure you just wanted to cry when you crossed that finish line knowing how hard you worked! Great job!
wow good for you women!!!
Good job, you're my hero! I still can't believe you ran it that fast...way to go!
Yay for you! That is a way fast time...especially for a hilly course and your first. You're amazing!! And I know you've got a full in there somewhere... :)
Good job Em! That is a fantastic time :-)
I have to warn you that Monday is always my worst day after a race, but here's to hoping your back and roarin' :-)
Congrats you are awesome! I love the names on the name tags that is awesome! You are such a go-getter! I am totally impressed and totally want to be like you when I grow up!
Wow you are wonder woman. Just be careful when you are spinning that your clothes don't fall off.
Good job on the marathon! When are y'all coming down again? Holla...
skipperfam.blogspot.com
Post a Comment