August 15, 2009

Best Friends

There is nothing like best friends, and when I say that I mean best girlfriends! Someone to tell everything to, someone to tell you, you are great even when you are not, and someone you can go anywhere with or do anything and you still have a good time. I have so many wonderful best friends and sisters back home that I have cultivated lasting relationships that I cherish so much. Being up here away from all of them is probably one of the hardest things about living far away. I don't have my best girlfriends!
Sorry this is kind of a pity post but I have been feeling a little down about this lately and wanted to express how much those I miss mean to me. We have lived up here in Calgary for a year now and I don't really have a best friend. I am sure this could be my fault, the fact that I work everyday, or that I am not trying hard enough, but it is getting hard. I feel like I just want to pick someone and tell them they have to be my best friend up here because I need one. I have made some really great friends but it seems everytime I do they move away! Bummer city.
Hank keeps telling me that friendships like that take time and I agree they do, but I also have to say that some friendships just click and I am hoping to find that!
Anyhoo I guess I just wanted to say how much I think good girlfriends are a blesssing in life and I am grateful for each and everyone that I have even if they live far away they are still there for me.

Oh and P.S. if you live in Calgary and want to be my best friend I am in! ha ha

P.P.S. sorry for the lack of pictures lately in my posts. It could be that I am too lazy to take pictures or it could be the fact that I am 20 weeks prego (half-way yeah) and still in the awkward stage and don't feel much like taking pics of myself. Take your pick!

12 comments:

Ciara said...

OK, I TOTALLY HEAR YOU! I am also a needy bff person! I have always had a bff around where I live and even when we lived in KY, we started to make some good friends and one of my bff's even moved there and BAM, we moved two weeks later. NYC has brought some friends, but not any bff's...not even any that had potential to become bff's. I also agree that it takes time, but it's also where you live. For instance, I was telling Lyle that I just think New Yorkers are too serious. I am not a serious person, I joke too much for New Yorkers I think. Lyle also. So either we get LUCKY and find bff's here or I just have to wait for one wherever we move next. I also have to remember that I am lucky enough to talk to bff's on the phone...I just have to make time. Don't worry...WE CAN DO IT!

Megan Marie said...

I've felt the same way. My first year here was hard, like your situation I had friends but they weren't my best friends. I missed (and still do) my best friends back home soo much! It was tough. Then the next year my friendships grew, I made new friends by switching schools, but it still wasn't the same. Then 9th grade came, and my friendships continued to grow, some didn't, but then I met new friends, like Zoe! We just clicked I guess, I had seen her around the year before, but last year we really became friends. Now our firendship continues to grow, and we have a great time together, like you said we can do anything together and have a good time! Hold on, it'll get better!! I'm excited to see you tonight!

Nate and Lynlee said...

It's really already been a year?? I can't believe it's been that long! Let me assure you, your friends here miss you just as much! I'll make my way up there on of these days! :)

Here's an idea... maybe you should take your maternity leave early and come spend a month or so in Utah! :)

The Pratts said...

Oh my gosh, I'm feeling the exact same way here! I still don't have a best friend here, either. It seems like everyone here either has family close by or a best friend already, so no one needs a BFF but me! :) Too bad I'm not still in Calgs!!!

Keri said...

I hear ya...I think girlfriends are essential. Best girlfriends are even better. I'm lucky to live close to sisters and friends right now. One of my best friends that I have now I met when we lived in our condo, and it was after living in the same building for 1 1/2 years that I finally met her. Who knew that someone I would totally click with lived right next door and it took us that long to meet! Be patient...it'll happen. :)

ESTHER BEAZER said...

if i was still in calgary we would be best friends! still love you!

Alyson said...

It sucks starting over doesn't it.

Maureen said...

BIG E i miss your guts! even though you are way far away you will always be one of my very very very best friends!!! i love you and hope you are doing ok!

Whitney said...

Ems, I just wanted to tell you to take your iron with citrus. It helps with the absorption. So glad to know the cause of the fainting. You had me really nervous! Try praying to meet your best friend. When I moved to Portland, I actually prayed about it, and as you know, met some the best friends I have ever had. I love you and miss you!

Sim said...

You know what's funny? People always think that other people have it all...that they're already set and have a good group of girlfriends...but sometimes it just aint so! I have been going through this since I moved to Calgary, which was 3 years ago, and since I joined the church, which was 4 years ago! I lost all of my friends when I became member, but since then I've met a few great girls, but it's always being the "new girl" and for some reason I can never shake it! You're a fabulous girl and we need to hang out more for sure!! You and Bella are already BFF so I'm sure we can be too!! haha!!

McKays said...

Hi Emily! I'm so glad you ran into our blog and let me know about yours! I need your email to send you an invite. Mine is mckay.annie@gmail.com
It is so fun to see what you are up too!

McKays said...

Um...that is up to, not up too. I didn't go to college for nothing.