August 5, 2009

Mommy Time!

With all the excitement of posting about my Utah trip and weekend in Magrath I neglected to post about my parents first visit! My dad has been to Calgary before but never stayed for more then 24 hours (wierd I know, but he is a busy man)!
My parents came back with us from Utah and stayed for 5 days. If you know my mom she is very hard to get to travel anywhere besides St. George Utah, she doesn't do well on flights and she likes her routine and life at home. So to my pleasant SUPRISE she fell IN LOVE WITH CALGARY!!!!! I loved seeing how much she loved the city, our house and everything about where we live. In fact she loved it so much she didn't want to leave and changed her flight to stay one extra day.
It was so fun having my parents actually see where we live and work and spend our days after talking about it for so long. I brought my mom along to all my classes I taught and it was so fun to have her support to cheer me on!
We would wake up every morning and go for walks just the three of us (Hank had to work) then when I had to go to work the parents would take off with their map (my dad would not go anywhere and i mean anywhere without the map) on a biking adventure, when I returned home they would tell me all about it. We had a blast!
THE BEST NEWS OF ALL IS THAT MY MOMMY IS COMING BACK NEXT MONTH. SHE LOVED IT SO MUCH SHE IS TRAVELING AGAIN TO COME SEE ME. I could not be more excited to get much needed mommy time!
(Sorry no pictures we were too busy partying)

12 comments:

Megan Marie said...

woo-hoo! I'm excited to be back! I've missed you both, especially at the reunion! We checked the weather for Calgary today, 50 degrees? seriously? sorry :(!

Amy said...

Oh Em, I'm SO mad! I was at the Magrath Days Parade!!! You were probably like 50 ft away from me! We came up just for the weekend to visit Matt's grandparents who live on the parade route. I was going to call but thought you were all the way in Calgary! Oh man, next time I guess:( Isn't Magrath so tiny and quaint? I love it. Hope you're still doing well!

Keri said...

It's so nice that they can come visit. Calgary is a great city. And I bet your mom loved your classes! :)

The Allen Family said...

Its always exciting to share your new life with your parents! I loved showing off our apartment and showing my parents around our new town when we first moved to CA. I'm sure they are so proud of both of you!

Sara Jane said...

Will Suz bring me with her??? Just a thought! I am glad that she fell in love, because you will need a lot of her come January!!!Love you, miss you! Can't wait to chat later!

The Littlest Moons said...

That is perfect that your mom fell in love with Calgary. Now that you say that i remember it was a big deal for her to come to NY with us! Another funny thing, I have totally been bridge jumping in Calgary before!!! It is one of my favorite things to do besides ride horses! Your pictures look like so much fun!

The Littlest Moons said...

That is perfect that your mom fell in love with Calgary. Now that you say that i remember it was a big deal for her to come to NY with us! Another funny thing, I have totally been bridge jumping in Calgary before!!! It is one of my favorite things to do besides ride horses! Your pictures look like so much fun!

The Littlest Moons said...

That is perfect that your mom fell in love with Calgary. Now that you say that i remember it was a big deal for her to come to NY with us! Another funny thing, I have totally been bridge jumping in Calgary before!!! It is one of my favorite things to do besides ride horses! Your pictures look like so much fun!

ESTHER BEAZER said...

well canada is pretty awesome!

Miriam said...

There is nothing like a MOM!! Great post!

The Pratts said...

That's so fun, and I'm glad you get to have her come back next month! I can't say any of our visitors have fallen in love with Fort Mac...haha, it's not that kind of place!

Ciara said...

QUESTION: What is your mailing address in Canada?! We have a special something for you. E-mail me at ciara.schofield@gmail.com. Thanks!