Every year I do the debate in my head...should I just get a fake tree it would be so much easier? But I can't do it...I am a sucker for a real tree!I love the smell, the adventure of going to get it, the unknowing of how it will turn out.
If it weren't for all these positives I would ditch it in two seconds for one reason...PINE NEEDLES EVERYWHERE, seriously being such a clean freak that I am I don't know how I do it but when that tree is up and smelling delicious it makes my sweeping 10 times a day worth it.
This year to get our tree I talked the Dahl family into coming with us...mind you in Utah whenever you pick out a tree they are all different shapes and sizes and on display so it is a hunt to find the best tree, so when I dragged them out in the -20 degree weather I was unaware that all the trees are wrapped and look identical, kind of taking the fun out of it! However, we braved the cold, made a night out of it and had a blast. Simone did the honors of picking the tree and did a fantastic job!
We took the tree home got it all set up in the tree stand ready for the big reveal.
After much time of trying with no avail to get the tree straight we settled with our leaning tree and decorated it! Everytime we come downstairs we feel it is leaning every so slightly a little more and we are quite convinced it is going to topple over at any time!! We are waiting to be awoken by a crash in the night! None the less it is Christmas Time and I have a beautiful smelling Christmas Tree and I could not be happier about it!



5 comments:
I LOVE THE TREE... and I love the lean, it is sorta gangsta! I hope it is still standing in Jannuary when I am there!
That is hilarious! I love the leaning tree. We went with a real tree for many years, but a few years ago made the switch to the fake. I still miss the real tree though. I love the smell and going to pick it out and everything that goes with it.
ha ha this is too funny! Some things just can't be too easy can they? I love your tree decorations! You did a good job!
That is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I love that it leans!!
I love your tree! It was fun to see you. Thanks for coming to Megan's dance performance! See you soon.
Post a Comment