Well I am back and I have so much to post but thought I would start with the blessing.
We blessed Blakely and my neice Amelia in my sister Bekah's ward and followed it up with a giant party at her house. It was quite the event with three families all together but was such a wonderful time. Hank gave Blakely the most beautiful blessing and I had so many wonderful friends and family come to support us.
For the actual blessing Blakely wore a dress that has been worn by every girl in my family starting with my mom and my aunts, down through my cousins and sisters, and now the grandaughters. It is well worn and still beautiful, despite the fact that Blakely likes to throw up on everything she made it through with a clean dress.
After the blessing we changed her into the most beautiful dress that my mother in law knitted for her. She looked gorgeous and was a perfect angel for her special day.
I loved blessing the two girls together and I am sure they will love to hear about it when they are older and best buddies!



7 comments:
Hooray for an update! I love that Blakely was blessed the same day as her cousin. They will LOVE knowing that their whole lives! Her dresses are beautiful, and so is your little family. Can't wait to hear more about your trip!
I love Blakely's dress! I remember I was there when you got that and you said "it'll be SOOO big on her!" she looks so precious :) i'm glad you're back!
are you kidding me with that last picture?! all of them are so cute but that last one is adorable!!!! I am so happy you were able to bless her with all your family. that is really special. and all her dresses are way to cute! can't wait to hear more about your trip. talk to you soon
eden.
you're right, they are super cute! how fun. I swear I'll be lucky if i get one family member to bless a baby someday! congrats!
Blakely is so big!! Amazing what can happen in a few weeks! So glad that you had a great trip- talk soon.
H
Oh my gosh...that last picture is seriously to die for! So cute. I heard it was quite the party after the blessing. :)
Wow, she is sure filling out, good going, Mom!
Post a Comment