July 16, 2010

Happy Half Birthday COWGIRL!

For Blakely's Half Birthday, we suited up in our Cowboy gear and headed down to the Calgary Stampede. I love how when the Stampede is in full force the whole town embraces it. Anywhere you go from a business offices to the mall everyone is decked out in their gear!!!!
Of course with a baby we couldn't do too much at the Stampede but we had a great time anyways, seriously the people watching alone is the best entertainment ever!!! Never seen so many white trash people in my life, ha ha (sorry that is probably rude but true)





Biggest Clydesdale's I have ever seen
A little shocked with the lights at the ice show
Mesmerized by the ice show!!!!
Ok my baby is 6months old??? How did that happen. She is such a joy and loves to put on a show for strangers. If anyone looks at her she will give them the biggest 2 toothed grin ever.
She has definitely become a mommas girl in the last couple weeks, which is great but a little draining at times when I can't get anything done.
She is rolling all over the place and can basically get anywhere she wants by rolling and turning. The army crawl is about to happen and I don't know if I am ready for her to be moving that much, she is a hyper one!
She never stops moving and is so much fun.
If you are talking to someone she tries to talk over you...as soon as you stop she is dead quiet, apparently she likes to be the center of attention, where does she get that from?? Hmm, mom or dad it is a tough call.
Recently we reattempted sleep training and it is working, MIRACLE!!!!
Since I always forget here are her 6 month stats:
15lbs 5 ounces (40th percentile)
26 inches (70th percentile)
We love our little boogie and can't imagine life with out her. Can't wait to see what the next 6 months brings!

5 comments:

The Pratts said...

I love that Blakely wants to be the center of attention! So funny. Adorable cowboy get up,..all 3 of you! I put Ivy in a cowgirl shirt for the Raymond stampede on Canada Day...but I was missing the adorable pink hat!! Blakely's always dressed to the nines. Can't believe she's 6 months!

Alyson said...

Oh look something shiny. It happens to Adults too. An yes Stampede brings out the trash. For some reason people seem to think as long as ya got a cowboy hat it must be western. We may not dude up for Canada Day but Stampede... YES!

You guys are so cute.

Spencer and Laura said...

Happy six months little Blakely - you are a doll!!

Sara Jane said...

Killing me in the pink cowboy hat! She is such a beautiful rodeo Queen! And you look amazing! I cannot believe how long your hair is! You look fantastic! xoxo love you!

Unknown said...

Ok - all theses pictures are to die for! Hope you're having fun with the parents in town (you're definitely missed here at Magrath days!)