October 5, 2010

My Best Friends Wedding

Photo Courtesy of ellephotos www.ellephotos.com

LONG POST BUT WORTH THE READ....

Two weeks ago I headed to El Dorado Hills CA to my best friend Brittany's wedding! I was lucky enough to be a bridesmaid with her adorable sisters and felt very honored. Britt and I have been best friends since we first met in Provo back in the day! She is a dear friend and I wouldn't have missed it for the world!
When I first thought about my trip I thought, yeah I get to go to California and hang out with my best friend. Boy oH boy did I realize fast how different traveling is with a child.
This is how my trip started:
Me waking up at 3 a.m. for the day. Blakely waking up at 4:50a.m. to head to the airport. Handling security all my baggage and customs then a 3 hr plane flight where blakely only slept a half hour all by myself. Getting off in time to sprint across the phoenix airport with blakely in the baby bjorn, she is not light. To jump on another two hour flight. I think the tears started here a bit. During the course of this I learned how to go to the bathroom with a baby bjorn attached to me. I also let many strangers handle my baby so I could actually do things and also let any germ phobia I previously had go out the window to survive. This included letting blakely play and suck on just about anything and crawl on dirty airplane floor. She lived to tell about it and more importantly so did I.
Finally arriving in Cali was great but by the time we got dinner and to bed it was past midnight our time, needless to say Blakely was not the happiest camper and I was exhausted. The days to follow came with me going non stop all day, and running on about 4 hrs of sleep a night. To add to the exhaustion Blakely was quite clingy and so I felt like a had a permanant appendage that made everything twenty times harder!!!!
By Saturday night I was so tired I called Hank (no voice....got sick and lost my voice) and said can you please please change my flight I just want to go home, but no such luck. So the next morning I got up and Blakely and I yet boarded another flight to Los Angeles to see my sister in laws. Just my luck L.A. hit record temperatures the days I was there.....115 degrees???? REALLY???? At one point I was lying in my garments on the floor with a fan and Blakely was soaking wet with sweat.
After surviving record temperatures...barely, I yet again endeavored 6 more hours of plane flights arriving home to my sweet sweet husband who took over baby duties for the next couple hours so I could breathe.
Needless to say I will NEVER travel alone for a week without any help AGAIN!!!!

Ok so now you have heard the bad lets talk about the good.....
My favorite parts of the whole trip was being able to be there while my best friend took out her endowments in the temple and watching her be sealed to her husband for time and all eternity in the temple. Their is such a strong spirit in the temple and it is even more powerful when you get to be there with someone for the first time. I shed many tears and will never forget the experience. Yes the wedding and the decorations and the dress and the food were AMAZING, but what I will always remember is standing with my best friend in the temple and seeing her so happy!!!!

Ok so on to pictures...well I have practically none because well here is another good story!
Somehow in the course of getting to the temple my diaper bag got run over by a car resulting in formula everywhere, tire marks on Blakely's dress and one smashed camera. I managed to take some photos but not many so this is what you get. However I do think my descriptions do it justice without pictures!
When someone else send me pics I will post them of the wedding, Britt's mom did an amazing job of pulling off a wedding in their backyard in the VINTAGE theme, it was amazing!!!!

Blakely crawling around at the wedding dinner!
Love this picture because it looks like we are feeding eachother wedding cake
Right before Britt left for the temple!
Beautiful Britt coming out of the temple!

4 comments:

The Pratts said...

Yuck, I'm sorry it was so hard travelling by yourself! That really sucks. And who's ever heard of a diaper bag getting run over??? Poor girl. Anyhoo, you'd never guess you were stressed and running on no sleep from looking at your pictures! You look gorgeous! Now tell me about your house going up for sale! Actually, I'll just phone you to get the scoop!

Nate and Lynlee said...

So fun! I need to see more pictures!!

Eden Lang said...

Ohhh- Emily! I am SO sorry!!! that sounds like it was a...busy time?! But even though the travel was so rough I am so happy that you still had a good time. And you really can't get upset with Blakely...she is just so stinking cute!!!

great pics. It looks like Britteny was a beautiful bride.

Brittany Claire Norman said...

I just read this for the first time and it totally made me cry!! I can not tell youhow much it meant typ me to have you there! I agree, tge endowments were so special! I want copies of those pics! Love the one of us feeding each other! I am so blessed by your friendship. Love you tons!