June 17, 2012

Ragnar 2012 "She's with Us"

It's a miracle I know. But I have a disclaimer...my blog was not uploading pictures so I gave up. I have decided to start blogging where I am now but hopefully will back blog because we have been up to so much in the last 6 months. So if anyone still checks my blog YAHOO!

It's that time of year again...Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay time. Like every year it never dissapoints with the fun, food, running, and zero sleep. And this year we truly got zero sleep. I think I am filling it more today than yesterday when the adrenalin was running. You can read about another past Ragnar experience here entitled Run..Eat...Sleep(not)...Repeat, which pretty much sums up the race except for the crazy and slightly innapropriate things you start doing and saying in the middle of the night, but that is why it is so much fun. .

Our team name is "She's with us", we have had basically the same team (except for pregnancies, injuries, etc) for the last 6 years. Many of these girls are very fast runners so people would be like wow is she with you? and we would proudly say yes yes she is, hence where the name came from. However last year when one of our runners Camie Jacobs got diagnosed with Stage 3 Colon Cancer the name took on a whole new meaning. We ran last year for her as she was in the middle of chemotherapy. Well miracles do occur and this year Camie is in remission and actually ran with us. She is truly an inspiration and we couldn't help but get teary this year thinking of how far she has come.

Here are a few snapshots of the race:


Van 2 minus my sister Whitney, people nicknamed us the yellow caps

Slap off for my first leg
And I'm off
 Just having a picnic at 12:30a.m. at a random gas station
Get that stretch on girl! 
 Yes we are slightly innapropriate but think we are funny!
Sisters!!!

Didn't want to wake them from their 5 minutes of sleep so took a picture instead!


Nightime craziness
Nothing wrong with a little Zumba along with your run!
My last leg ready to be done

my Sisters and my very best friends
jessica killin it
Keri looking way too excited to be running up a mountain
Bekah is way too dedicated to look up for the camera
That is what I call a support crew, sponges, spray bottles and water ready for our runner
Adrien flying down the mountain
The whole team at the finish line!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh you know I still come here - haha! How you do things like this by choice AND for fun amazes me. I've been feeling particularly out of shape recently and actually just ordered a bunch of Jillian Michaels DVD's last night because I'm too cheap/poor to buy a gym membership - ha!

PS. You and all your sisters are hot mama's!

Unknown said...

Ok - me again. I just spent the last hour looking back through your blog (a little stalker-ish... probably) and can we rewind time??? Just for a day or two? Seriously miss you guys like crazy and really all our good times in Calgary. Love you girl. And this will be my last comment.... for tonight.

Eden Lang said...

That is such amazing news for your friends Camie. What a blessing!

and I have to say how much I love that you do this with your sisters. It looks like a lot of work but SO much fun! These will be such fun memories to look back on:)

miss you guys!
xo

Shani said...

I miss you, and am so glad you're back!!!! Congrats on another great race and three cheers for Camie, how amazing! Life is truly what you make of it.

lots of love