This past weekend was the Wasatch Back Relay...and for all those of you who know me I have been scared to death and dreading it for the past couple months. Don't get me wrong I love to run and have been a part of the JOGGIN BROADS for the past three years and loved it, but we had such a good team this year I was so nervous about doing my best. Well since I am writing this you know that I survived and actually had a BLAST!
We did awesome finishing 181 miles in our team best: 25 HOURS AND 38 MINUTES. We took 6th out of the all 57 women teams; and finished 72nd out of 545 teams.
I just wanted to say thank you to my THREE SISTERS
that wouldn't let me back out and to my TWO OTHER van buddies KERI AND TARA for cheering me on and drenching me with sponges. I also wanted to thank my 11 fellow joggin broads for giving it their all and kicking some butt. They are not only amazing runners but are the nicest, coolest, best mothers ever and I am so lucky to have built friendships with them all. Enjoy the GOOD, BAD, and the UGLY down below!!!
GO JOGGIN' BROADS!



9 comments:
That was a blast and I am just so lucky that I got to be part of such an awesome team! I can't wait until next year!
Wow 6th place, that's amazing! I'm proud of you guys! It looked like you guys had a lot of fun!
So I have been meaning to contact you FOREVER! But I got on facebook and saw your Joggin' Broads pictures and thought that was so awesome! What a fun race! You and your sisters look so much alike and are all very beautiful girls.
So what will you do now that you are done with the blaze? I worked a Blaze game for TV crew about 2 months ago and looked for you but I was stuck in a dark corner the whole night.
You are seriously amazing! I've heard of that race but never knew anyone in it until now! I'm glad you survived. I love the picture of you, Hank, and the bikes! You two are the cutest couple!
It sounds like you guys had so much fun. Whitney told me that everyone was hitting on you the whole time...and they were all very disappointed that you are taken.
You and your sisters are so cute! I love the car covered with the 'joggin broads' and the t's--super rad. Way to go on getting 7th! What an achievement:)!
You guys are so cute. Congrats on taking 7th place what an achievement...go joggin broads!
Way to go Emily. It's Frances. That sounds like it would be fun and hard. Way to kick butt and get an awesome time.
Emily, your blog is so cute! It was so fun getting to know you better on the race...now I feel like I know your whole family! Hopefully you can keep running up north! :-)
Post a Comment