So Friday night Hank and I got ambitious, we decided to WALK (not Drive) to a little dessert place downtown called Delectable Desserts. I had been looking forward to going to this place for quite some time and we thought it was a decent night that we could bundle up and make the walk. Mind you, you don't get a lot of chances to walk places in the winter without utterly freezing so it was a daring adventure. We got bundled up and made the trek about 2 miles to the little place only to find out it CLOSED at 6p.m.! Bummer city, I was definately dissapointed as we began to make the trek back only to be pleasantly suprised by the sign in the distance...DAIRY QUEEEN, hot eats...cool treats!
Ok so it definately isn't a cute little unique dessert place, but lets be honest there is nothing like a good old BROWNIE BATTER BLIZZARD. Thank you Dairy Queen for providing me with sugary goodness I needed to survive the trek home!
SIDENOTE: Hank recently got relocated to a High Rise project downtown (2 minutes away from our place, YEAH!) and took some great pics of the city from up top...ENJOY!



9 comments:
lyle and I were just out this afternoon for a date using our usual mode of transportation: walking and we saw a woman walk by us with ice cream and we couldn't understand how in the heck she was eating it for a possible lunch treat in 21 degree weather. HOW DO YOU DO IT? Ok, granted, I could eat it inside my home (if it's not too cold), but not out on the street like that?! And you walked 2 miles one way in the cold? again ARE YOU CRAZY? Wow...true troopers enjoying what you have to work with. You couldn't pay me to walk 2 miles one way in the cold in the city. TAXI! TAXI! Although, we don't have dq out here so that looks mighty tasty ;)
Calgary looks amazing, a little cold, but amazing! I love the red apartments in the first picture (or at least I'm assuming they're apartments) that are across the street. They look quaint! Did you guys end up looking for places to live today? If so, i'm anxious to hear how it went!
Ya, you ARE crazy for getting ICE CREAM on your freezing walk! :) But a blizzard does sound tastey! How's your half marathon training going? I found one in Edmonton in May that's on a Saturday if you're interested...we could meet up!
When Whit and I went to Mexico at the beginning months of pregnancy Dairy Queen saved us!! Love that place!
cool urban shots. love the one of you em, by the flower door! hehe. glad you got a blizzard, good ole centerville dq days!
Geeze, I love you little sis, a girl after my own heart. The sisters and I took Olivia to Olive Garden for her Birthday Lunch today. The waitress gave her chocolate gelato, I think we let her have about two bites before we dug in! Hey sorry I didn't get to talk to you the other day, hope you're feeling better. Do you want the running pics collage for Dad to be from you too? Let me know, miss you, Bekah
I love junk food! I swear thats the only reason whhy I excercise. I'm glad it was nice enough you caould go for a walk. We never have to worry about that since it's 70 year round. You poor thing :)
Gotta love good ol'DQ! Glad you didn't freee to death...
That really is a bummer that it was closed- but you gotta love DQ. The closest one to us is in Springville and I guess that's a good thing- I might be a lot heavier this pregnancy if it were any closer!
Post a Comment