When we first moved from Utah to Canada one of the hardest things was being away from family on holidays.... Easter was especially hard becasue usually my whole family goes down to St. George and has been doing it since I was a little girl. This past weekend we had such a good time I barely felt the heartache of being away from family. In fact as we were driving home from Easter dinner I said to Hank....this has been one of my favorite Easter's we have had. Canada has become our home and we have created our own family here, some who are real family (Richard and Jeanne Allen and family) and the friends that have become our family. I feel so blessed to have such great people in my life!!!
Now back to the best Easter Weekend Ever (the fact that the sun was shining in full force and it was warm really helped)!
Friday afternoon we went to a birthday party for a friends 1 year old girl. I don't have any pictures but let's just say Blakely had the time of her life. She loves being around other kids and didn't stop running around for 2 full hours. She also participated in her first ever Easter Egg Hunt. She basically just wanted to stop and eat what was in the egg after finding one but I prompted her to continue on!
Saturday after I finished teaching a double we headed out to Butterfield Acres with the Dahls. From the website's description we couldn't have been more excited. To make a long story short it was a bit of a dissapointment. Apparently when I ordered the tickets to the Easter Bunny thing they didn't go through so we weren't on the list and couldn't get tickets, I felt so bad because we had all traveled up there. We made the most of it and tromped through the mud to see all the animals. We were a little dissapointed but the kids seemed to have a good time so I guess that is all that matters.
The girls and their daddy's!
The girls and their daddy's!
Sunday we woke bright and early to go to church. What a wonderful thing we get to celebrate...the resurection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I hope that I can continue to teach Blakely what a sacred holiday this is and why we celebrate it. I put together a little Easter Basket for Blakely to get on Sunday morning. I honestly thought she wouldn't care about it, it was more just for me to have fun....but to my surprsise she loved it. She was going through it with big smiles on her face. And she knew exactly what was in those eggs. All I heard all morning was please please, somebody takes after their mom and loves chocolate!!!!


Funniest picture ever!

This melts my heart...


Getting very dirty while I try not panic about it, ha ha
Later that afternoon we went to the Allen's for a delicious Easter dinner feast complete with a trip to the park for some Easter Egg Launching. It is such a fun tradition the Allen's have and we feel so lucky we have been able to be a part of it for the last couple years while living up here. We are so blessed to have at least some family here and couldn't ask for better people.
Funniest picture ever!
This melts my heart...
Getting very dirty while I try not panic about it, ha ha
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend. Now I am headed to home to spend time with my family and couldn't be more excited. Honestly it has been way too long. They are all going to die when they see how big Miss B has gotten. I will post when I get back, or sooner if you get lucky! ha ha



4 comments:
Looks like you had a great Easter! That picture of Blakely and Richard is to die for!!! I'm glad you weren't homesick. I always find holidays hard, but actually Easter was no big deal for me this year, either!
P.S. I can't leave a comment without mentioning hair it seems...anyway, YOUR hair is getting so long and glamourous!
Love miss eater bunny B! Can't wait to see her!
Looks like a great Easter! I'm so glad Canada has become like home for you guys. I hope that's what happens when we move!
B looks like such a big girl!!! Shes not a baby anymore! That means you need to make another baby! But not yet cause I'm not ready and I want us to have best friend babies!! Love you!!
Post a Comment