I have been told a million times that when it comes to kids, "Everything's a phase"! And when it comes to Miss B that phrase has been a true statement....so let's just say I am hoping this newest little routine she is doing is just a phase, but in the meantime I may need some advice because Hank and I are at our witz end.
You know I have been on here a million times talking about her bad sleep habits well Blakely thankfully has been sleeping through the night just fabulously (thank goodness) but two weeks ago she decided that as soon as we put her in her crib she needs to scream hysterically and carry on and then 8 times out of 10 THROW UP. Let's just say we have been doing a lot of laundry around these parts.
We don't know what to do...she can be dead asleep in your arms and as soon as you put her in the crib it is like a cannon shot off and she is up and screaming. You may think why don't you just pick her back up, well we have tried that and everytime we put her back in it is the same story. We figure she has to learn that when she goes in to the crib that is final we are not coming back in, which we have stuck too. However this is when the problem of the throw up comes into play. Sometimes we can hear when it happens on the monitor so we can go in and clean up, but there have been times where it has come morning time and we have realized she has slept the night in her own vomit everywhere (so sad I know).....
Ok so this is getting long, but if you can't tell I am dying here. Just cleaned up a lot of vomit and rocked back to sleep a very tired girl only to have her scream again when put in the crib. AHHHH Help????
April 3, 2011
"Everything's a Phase"
Posted by H and E at 7:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Oh man, I'm sorry. So sad. I don't know what to tell you. It sounds like you're doing the right thing trying to teach Blakely that going in her crib means it's bedtime, period. But the throwing up...oh no! It's too bad you can't bribe her yet! "Blakely, if you go to bed without throwing up tonight, I'll take you to the park in the morning..." Hmmm, I'll be interested to see what other people suggest. I'm sorry I'm zero help!
I can't believe she actually throws up! Hailey used to scream when we'd put her down for the night, but I'm thinking she doesn't quite have the same will power Blakely seems to have, because after a few nights in a row she just realized it wasn't doing any good and stopped. I can't imagine what I would have done if she was throwing up. I don't know it sounds like you have one very determined girl on your hands! Wish I could help!
For me, getting children to sleep well has been the most stressful part of parenting so far. I am so sorry. When Lexi was ting I purchased the book "the no cry sleep solution" and it worked wonders. She is now such a great little sleeper. I noticed that the same author has another book, "the no cry sleep solution for toddlers and preschoolers." I'm sure it is just as good.
Also, I agree that this is probably just a phase. I hope it is over very soon!!
huge sigh for you. I totally understand. Aubrie is just finally sleeping better and she is 5 this year! She has nightmares. horrible scary nightmares. and she is truly scared. How do you tell them to cry it out when they need to know they are safe? Parenting is so personal so these are just what we found worked for us. We snuggled, and prayed and talk about it. even when she seemed too little to understand us. Now that she can tell us about her dreams they are terrifying! Some nights she climbs into bed with us and I honestly don't mind. They are only little for so long and I know there will be a day I miss waking up to that sweet little face. The more secure she feels the less she wakes in the night....this is what we have done. I hope it helps or that you can find what works for you. I agree with Laura sleeping is one of the most stressful parts of parenting babies and toddlers! good luck! call me if you need.
xo
eden.
I think you guys need a break and to go on a date! Let me come over and watch her sometime. I could deal with the screaming and puke for a night!
Just before Noah turned two we had this very same problem. Crying in his crib so hard he threw up. I was sooo stressed. Nearing the end of my pregnancy with Masyn didn;t help either. My heart goes out to you. I can't tell you how guilty I felt some mornings when I would walk into his room to find dried puke matted into his hair and bedding. We tried the crying it out and it just didn't seem to work for us. I started rocking and singing him to sleep every night and nap time. Sometimes it took so long and I was so frustrated that I would be singing primary songs through buckets of tears. I won't tell you that the 'phase' didn't last long. It was well over two months before he felt secure enough to sleep on his own again. BUT.. it DID end. I tried to let my frustration melt away and relish the time that I held his little body on my lap (however little there was of my lap left!) because I KNEW that one day he wouldn't need me in that little innocent way of his anymore. That helped the time go by faster. I relaxed and enjoyed the feeling of being the only comfort my baby wanted at that time. I do agree with Laura though as well. I have heard about that book from several girlfriends and they all swear by it! The best of luck to you and Hank, Emily! Remember you are not alone. Remember to take time for yourself and breath, and cry cry cry! There's nothing wrong with a good cleansing cry to lift your spirits! We'll be praying for your family :) Take care.
Oh my goodness! Let's just hope that is a phase that ends at the end of today!! I remember when bria was a baby she got sick in the night and quietly went back to sleep on her barfy pillow and we did not discover it until morning! So sad and stinky! I have no advice to give except for yes, it is just a phase!! I wish you luck in this barfy endeavor:)
Post a Comment