So I bought this sign at Home Sense and thought it would look so cute in Blakely's room with the grey decor, little did I know that it would be my saving grace and my inspiration each day.
When I decided to hang it above the changing table it didn't occur to me that every time I would put Blakely to sleep I would stare right at it.
As many of you know if you read this blog..sleep, naptimes, etc have been a struggle with this one. It never has been easy and she continues to fight it each time I go to put her down. Therefore this sign staring me in the face has made me take a deep breathe and enjoy the little moments. Its ok if I have to fight her for a minute or if I have to cuddle her for 10 extra minutes even though I have so much to do. If I just keep calm in the moment and not stress I will carry on.
As many of you know if you read this blog..sleep, naptimes, etc have been a struggle with this one. It never has been easy and she continues to fight it each time I go to put her down. Therefore this sign staring me in the face has made me take a deep breathe and enjoy the little moments. Its ok if I have to fight her for a minute or if I have to cuddle her for 10 extra minutes even though I have so much to do. If I just keep calm in the moment and not stress I will carry on.
I think as mom's we think we have to do it all and be perfect but lately I am trying not to stress as much and just take it as it comes because as it turns out Miss B is not ever going to be the perfect sleeper, so why not keep calm and take it as it is. I hope I am not the only mom that gets frustrated at times.....



6 comments:
Keep Calm & Carry On! I love it! Great foresight on that one! I love her gallery wall! But we both know how obsessed I am with gallery walls! You did a great job! PERFECTION!!!
love it! I really love the little B hook with the white dress!
I can't believe I was over there just the other day and I didn't get to see her room! Emily! it looks so completely perfect. I love every little detail. you did such a great job with her room.
as for the sleeping. I feel your pain. Aubrie was NEVER a good sleeper. Not until last year sometime. She's 4 now and will still wake in the night every now and then. Good luck! sound like you are handling it like a pro. she is such a good little girl. you are an amazing mom.
Haha...you are definitely not the only one who feels frustrated! Hailey wasn't a great sleeper either, but with time it got better. I need a sign like that now...I forgot how exhausting a newborn is! So I'm pretty sure you're at least getting more sleep than me right now! :) Oh and super cute room! I wish I had an eye for decorating...It looks so cute!
What a good mantra for a mom! I NEED to get me that sign so I can deal with Cohen's strong-willed personality every day! LOVE Blakely's nursery, good job! Love the pink and grey. I'm finally finishing my kid's rooms that I started last April. Sheesh! :)
You have such a knack!! What an adorable room.
Today I really needed a reminder of how important it is as a mother to just go with the flow and not getting frustrated. Thank you for the reminder.
Post a Comment