January 8, 2011

Look WHOOO's ONE!









 Best Buddies
 Birthday Girl

 Opening Presents

 Give that to me please!
 Trying ot eat the candle
 Diggin in! She had no reservations about getting her hands on that thing and digging right in!
 

 I think we are done now!
 Clean Up Time
She was obviously thirsty after all that frosting!

Tonight I took my party animal upstairs to put her to bed...as I cuddled her in my arms she looked into my eyes and jibber jabbered away (if you have heard her you know what i am talking about). Although it is just jibber jabber this little girl knows what she is saying and she had a lot to say...so I just sat there and listened. She was exhausted from her big birthday festivities but didn't want to shut her eyes so I just held her and listened. I held her longer than normal and soaked in all I could!!
Tomorrow my baby girl turns ONE! I am sure every parents says this but Hank and I cannot get enough of this little girl! A year ago she decided she was boss by coming a week overdue and today she is still the boss. She has given us a run for our money with her rambunctious personality, but we wouldn't have it any other way!
As I held her in my arms tonight I thought about what a great year it has been, I get sad about how much I have already forgotten about my baby girl but I am also excited for the many years ahead that we can make more memories. I hope there are many more birthday eves in years to come where I hold her and she chats my ear off, maybe then I will actually know what she is saying!

9 comments:

ESTHER BEAZER said...

so sweet emily! wish i could have joined in the fun! It is so like blakely to just dig in, she sure made a mess! so fun!

The Pratts said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl! I knew you'd throw an amazing party, and you delivered! I LOVE LOVE the pic of Blakely reaching for her cupcake. And it looks like her hair is coming in THICK! Ivy's is maybe a bit longer (in places) but definitely not so thick all over. Woohoo! I have the same pink owl (Pier 1?). I bought it half for me, half for my kids to play with. ;)

Sara Jane said...

LOVE MISS B
LOVE THE OWL PARTY
LOVE THE CAKE
LOVE THE DECORE
LOVE THE BIRTHDAY GIRLS OUTFIT
LOVE THE FRESH ROSES
LOVE THE CANDY NECKLACES
LOVE THE OWL COLLECTION
LOVE THE TRIANGLE BANNER
LOVE THE CUPCAKES
LOVE ALL THE PHOTOS
LOVE READING YOUR WORDS
LOVE I TEARED OVER READING THEM
....
HATE THAT I COULDN'T BE THERE TO SEE BOOGIE IN ALL HER GLORY!
XOXO

Unknown said...

How sweet its your cousins comment!! This almost made me cry too! Love both our babies and all the fun that they/we have together! Happy Birthday miss B!!!

Spencer and Laura said...

What a darling girl you have!! So sorry we couldn't be there. You should be a party planner - it looks perfect!!

Shani said...

The owl theme is great. Party looked like fun! I'm glad you're loving so much being a mom. That girl sure is lucky to have two great parents who love her so much :)

webbweb said...

Ditto to Sara Loved everything but not being there to hear her little jibber jabber!! I can't believe I was there one year ago to see her born. Feels like yesterday! Love you guys. Ad

Eden Lang said...

oh, what fun! you are such an amazing mom. she is so lucky to have you. The party looks so perfect. I love all the little details! I am so happy she had such a great time.

lots of love
eden.

Aundrea and Spencer said...

What a cute birthday! She's so cute too!