So I ran a half marathon and surprise surprise it was aboslutely freezing. When I saw the forecast all I could do was laugh. I am completely jinxed. If you look at my history of half marathons there is a pattern that goes something like cold front, snow, and warm clothes!!! Good thing I have my go-to warm race outfit. Seriously the weather before race week, perfect sunny weather, the weather since the race, perfect sunny fall weather. What are the chances??
Ok moving on from my jinxed rant on to the race. I signed up for this race with two of my sisters and some of my running girlfriends. It was so much fun because it was an all women's race benefitting breast cancer. It was up in beautiful Park City so we headed up the night before for a little girls night and then slept in a hotel, woke up bright an early and ran our little hearts out.
I have never run a half with my sisters so it was so great that we ran together and crossed the finish line hand in hand. We were all different age groups which was fun. We took 26th, 27th, and 28th out of 800 runners and I took 7th in my age division so I was pretty excited about that. Here's to hoping that the next race I run will be filled with sunny skies and short sleeves!
Pre race waiting for the buses freezing our buns off and trying to stay dry in garbage bags!
At this point I was thinking if anyone bails I will gladly go back with them
Post race! Toes had unthawed and the sun was starting to come out!
Who get's number 1 assigned to them, we thought it was so cool we had to take a pic
My favorite running pals
Holly, Me, Adrien, Bekah



1 comments:
Way to go!! I feel totally jinxed with bad weather for races, too. (st georgemanyone??) I'm totally jealous of this! I love running in the fall!!
Post a Comment